I often eulogize about the virtues of slow living and finding the sacred in the everyday mundane. For me, gifting with intention + purpose isn’t limited to the holidays, but rather, a practice to be savored year round. There’s something so beautiful about the ritual of gift giving: searching for the perfect gift, wrapping it with care — the anticipation is magic.
The permanence of gifts we choose to give may vary based on budgets, preferences, and physical space, but I love giving — and receiving — items that serve form + function. This guide, while in no way comprehensive, is filled with some of my favorite wares + shops for Home, Baby, Him, Her, Kitchen, and Apothecary. Many items on this gift guide are things we own and use in our home on the daily. All are beautiful and useful. For those of you looking to gift intentionally + beautifully this holiday season (and year round!), you’ll surely find something for even the most discerning recipient on your list.
Nota bene: Some items in this gift guide contain affiliate links. This means that rather than physically selling + shipping items to you directly, I have hand-selected some of my favorite products from my favorite shops + brands, and have curated them here for you. If you purchase items through these links, I may earn a small commission. This is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting T h e P r o v i n c i a l i s t and allowing me to continue creating beautiful content!
- East Fork Pottery Everyday Bowl in Soapstone — A beautiful, multi-use vessel (we own multiples and use them for everything from leftover takeout to corralling our keys) made with love + integrity in my hometown of Asheville, NC.
- Meus Circular Chimes — A unique and beautiful way to add a bit of fun + whimsy to any corner of your space.
- Myrtlewood Basket — Every casa needs beautiful, functional storage space for odds + ends. These baskets are perfect for displaying fruit, collecting stray baby toys, you name it.
- Vitruvi Essential Oil Diffuser — An essential oil diffuser that doubles as a stunning piece of ceramic art.
- Haze Japanese Candles — Perfect for candlelit dinners, a hostex gift, or just because.
- Parasol Co. Diaper Subscription — give the gift of soft, chic diapers + instantly elevate diaper changing humdrum. Guaranteed.
- Kiboro Recycled Denim Kimono from Noble Carriage — dreamy gender neutral kimono that goes with everything.
- Oeuf Crown Hat from Noble Carriage — for your little wild thing.
- Uncle Goose Language Blocks — these come in every language you can think of. . . a cool way to encourage curiosity + wonder in your little linguist.
- Glerup Kids Wool Boots — gender neutral chic.
- Bonnsu Miniware Dinnerware Set — because baby deserves his/her own place setting.
- Aesop London Kit — a must-have for long-haul flights + vacations alike.
- Areaware Brass Key Ring — carry your keys in style.
- Nisolo Luciano Boot — formal or casual, this boot will take you there in style.
- Imogene + Willie Pocket Tee — the perfect tee in soft, vintage black.
- Wentworth Pewter Pocket Flask — because every man needs a pewter flask. Period.
- Classic Horn Shaving Set — the epitome of a luxury, heirloom purchase.
- Babaà Jumper No. 17 in Rosé — a true heirloom knit in the perfect blush hue.
- New Balance 247 Sneaker — yes, tennis shoes can be chic.
- J. Hannah Nail Polish in Carob — the perfect modern + edgy shade.
- Block Shop Textiles Bernadette Scarf — the beauty of this scarf cannot be put into words. Block printed entirely by hand in Jaipur, Block Shop not only produces an exquisite product, their commitment to women’s empowerment is the most beautiful thing of all.
- Agnes Baddoo Sac 2 — have you ever seen a more beautiful objet d’art? I think not.
- Nisolo James Oxford — the perfect day-to-night shoe in a goes-with-everything color.
- Simple Fare Fall/Winter Cookbook by Karen Mordechai — i’ve long admired Karen and the community she’s created around good, simple food. This cookbook brings her simple recipes (and gorgeous photography!) into your kitchen — you’ll feel like you’re cooking with an old friend.
- Cast Iron Trivet — because a potholder just won’t suffice.
- Fog Linen Towel — these linen towels can be used for anything + just get better with use.
- Coltellerie Berti Chef’s Knife — the best kitchen investment I’ve ever made.
- Redecker Dish Brush — instantly elevate your dish-washing experience.
- Atlas Mills Salt and Pepper Mills — beauty + function on your everyday table.
- Salad For President Cookbook by Julie Sherman — who knew salad could be so fun + sexy?
- East Fork Pottery Mixing Bowl — for mixing + displaying all manner of things.
- Shop Ilā Extra Virgin Olive Oil — no pantry is complete without this EVOO.
- Wooden Spoon Herbs Wild Earl Grey Tea — a classic indulgence.
- Everyday Oil — a multi-use oil for moisturizing, cleansing, makeup removal, what have you.
- Pursoma Dry Brush — it’s 2018, and dry brushing is in. Get on board.
- Aesop Marrakech Eau de Toilette — an intoxicating, agender scent for those who dare.
- Tortoiseshell Toothbrush — the coolest toothbrush you’ll ever see.
- NOTO Agender Oil — multi-use + uni-sexy hair oil/scent.
- Mason Pearson Hair Brush — one of those you’ll-only-need-to-buy-this-once lifetime purchases. Worth. Every. Penny.
- Aesop Toothpaste — It’s decidedly not Crest.
- Aesop A Rose By Any Other Name Body Cleanser — delicate, herbaceous, decadent.